Newly Qualified Family Law Solicitor
Hawkins Family Law are looking for a newly qualified (NQ) Family Law Solicitor to join our team of dedicated family lawyers.
The position will be based in Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire at our offices in Milton Keynes and Bicester. The role is full-time with competitive rates of salary and benefits.
How to apply
We are explicitly looking for newly qualified solicitors. If you would like to join the team and help shape the future of HFL, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
• Providing sound legal and practical advice to potential clients over the telephone, face to face, in writing or email.
• Meeting with clients to discuss aspects of the case or legal action they are taking.
• Advising clients on legal options with regards to the case, ensuring that clients understand which options are in their best interest. Ensuring clients are appraised of the current law and costs implications and risks of any course of action.
• Drafting documents / correspondence relating to the client’s case.
• Negotiating with clients and other professionals.
• Researching documents and case history to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure.
• Supervising the implementation of agreements.
• Co-ordinating the work of all parties involved in each case.
• Acting on behalf of clients in contentious matters and representing them in court, if necessary.
• Checking all documentation prior to signing and implementing.
• Organising further contact with the client to negotiate work and to gather information to assist in the preparation of case materials.
• Instructing advocates for representation, if necessary.
• Supervising trainee solicitors and legal executives.
• Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and attending courses, often as part of continuing professional development (CPD).
• To keep fully up-to-date and comply with the Solicitors rules of conduct.
• To keep fully up-to-date and comply with Resolution Code of Practice.
• Attendance of weekly and/or monthly company meetings.
• Advertising and networking with other solicitors and professionals to constantly expand the customer base.
Competencies Desirable for the job / post
• At least 2 years full time pre qualification experience in addition to the above requirements.
• Previous exposure to family law.
• Has experience of a case/document management system.
Competencies essential for the role
• Admission to the Role of Solicitors and hold a current Practising Certificate.
• Thorough knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules (essential).
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proficient reporting skills.
• Good work ethic.
• Extent to which behaviour is in line with the Company Core Values.
• Teamwork: can work as part of a team in particular work closely with fee earners.
• Flexibility: willing to assist where needed, and is happy to go beyond the job description when necessary.
• Initiative: has the confidence and ability to use own initiative.
• Commitment: has a positive attitude and demonstrates commitment to the success of the practice.
• Personal Development: willingness to undergo training in regard to IT, internal procedures and to obtain a better understanding of the area of family law.
• Personal Appearance: neat and tidy personal appearance conducive to a professional office.
We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic trainees for contracts/QWE commencing September 2022
We are a team of dedicated family lawyers with huge breadth of background and experience sharing a common desire to deliver tailored, creative and compassionate solutions to our clients.
At the heart of our success is our people. If you would like to help shape the future of HFL, please complete our application form and send it together with your CV to our Practice Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note that we will ensure that all areas of your training contract will be completed, with the assistance of firms that we have strong associations with where applicable.